Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Never again..... right?

Even while still deeply immersed in this dream I think I knew what it was about, at least part of the time. The rest of the time I simply flowed with it until it was time to take control. My lucid dreaming skills are getting better - I didn't let it get away, but didn't micro manage the events either. A much younger version of me, yet one who had already been through what I have been through - paradox but hey, it was a dream. Somehow I had drawn the very deep interest of a man who was the image of David Tennant, voice and mannerisms and all. I knew it wasn't really him, but it was irresistible being wooed by The Doctor or a rather human version of him, so I went along with it. Then he took me out on a rather small boat, into rougher waters than were safe for a boat that size. When I inquired about life vests he basically said not to worry so much. He would not let anything happen to me. Several close calls later, we landed safely, but I was not thrilled. Several fuzzy misadventures later I finally confronted him about his apparent indifference to my safety, and he persisted in saying that he would not have let anything happen to me. As much as I would have liked to simply go along, my self preservation, and memories of past men who lacked adequate care for my well-being, combined to help me decide enough was enough. It would be a long walk, but I preferred to walk home rather than risk my life again. I never looked back despite his pleas. Some time later I was wending my way home, befriending animals I met and avoiding dangers, and finally decided I needed to stop for the night. I turned around and there he was. He had followed silently all that way, to protect me and let me know that was how much he cared. He was wearing 'that' look - the one full of pain and longing - that always turned me to jelly. He begged for a fresh start, and I agreed, making sure he knew that I was not forgetting past transgressions, merely moving on. We wound up spending the night sharing a rather large wheelchair and ottoman in lieu of a bed, and I was distinctly aware of the flash back to time spent in various hospitals with my late husband, and all the wheel chairs he had used, and was not comfortable but I was determined to use the past as a guidepost rather than allow it to drown me and any chance of future happiness. I was also determined not to let this sweet talking impostor get away with endangering my future, however much he appealed to me and made me feel. When I woke I determined to write this one down to keep it fresh, because the lessons were so clear, but so were the delightful sensations entailed by being so determinedly pursued by this replica of one of my favorite characters. The boat ride was alarming and the argument was totally me looking after myself finally, but my visceral response to the look on his face when he revealed he had been following was all a woman could ask, and certainly indicated that if the right man came along I am not quite as on the shelf as I have been thinking - I just need to be wary and not just 'go with the flow' without checking for leaks, rocks and never again without a life jacket!

No comments:

Post a Comment